Buildpositive is written, edited and published by Josephine Smit and is made freely available to all to disseminate good practice, research, innovation and policy to help make our built environment work better for people.
I am a freelance journalist, editor, and content and digital consultant covering policy, sustainability and innovation in the construction and property sectors. I have worked with the specialist business and national media in the UK. I have also appeared on television and radio as an expert commentator.
I originated and edited the Building4change digital news service, published by UK building science centre BRE, and built Building4change’s social media presence. As well as writing and commentating on the sector, I have curated exhibitions and presented at conferences and events. I am a judge in the Sunday Times British Homes Awards and a fellow of the Centre of Refurbishment Excellence.
I now work with media outlets and industry clients to disseminate news and knowledge and build influence via paper publications, digital platforms and face-to-face events. I have worked with clients to develop content for a range of applications including:
- news stories, case studies, interviews and other feature articles
- blogs, comments, speeches, policy papers and white papers
- surveys, campaigns, competitions and awards – using traditional and digital crowdsourcing
- new websites and newsletters – and updating of existing products
- magazines, brochures and other one-off publications
- books and annuals
- round tables, debates, conferences and other networking events
I tweet at @buildpositive and @josmitwrites.